Surfing on the Horizon?
Sam from Over the Dune has some good tips for those starting surfing:
- start on a big stable board.
- know your limits and RESPECT the sea
- rent a surfboard and enage in conversations with the guys behind the counter, they usually have a lot of experience in the area and you can learn a lot from them
- travel and try out different locations
- physically search for breaks, don’t just stick to maps, look around for yourself
- remember patience is a virtue
- act like you know it all or else you will be missing out on learning from others’ experiences
- get upset or be afraid when you bail, falling off is all part of the process
- just jump into the water, watch and observe the waves, then pick your spot
- brag about your traveling experiences
Surf is up somewhere. Relish!
For details: Beginners Do’s and Don’ts
Check out: Future Stars Adventure Camp
Image Credit: Future Stars Camps