Things to Think About as a Beginner Diver
RealBuzz.com shares tips for beginner platform and springboard divers. Here are some things for you to consider:
- progress gradually – work on sitting dives, then kneeling dives, then crouching dives and then standing dives
- use dry land diving equipment to prepare yourself and and improve your techniques safely such as trampolines, stretching mats, etc.
- be streamlined when you dive by ensuring your hands enter the water first and extend your legs behind you
- never stop practicing board work and takeoffs as there is always room for improvement and they help prevent injuries
- incorporate the age appropriate gym routines to your training and strengthen your wrists, neck, shoulders, etc.
For full article: Tips for Platform And Springboard Diving Beginners
For more information about Diving camp at Purchase, or to enroll, visit our Diving camp page, today.
Image Credit: Future Stars Camps