Though it may be an older blog, the reasons why tennis is a good choice for youth sports remain timeless. Team sports are great to watch and participate in, however, there is much to be said about sports like tennis. Here are some good reasons, why years after the team sports jerseys are laid to rest in the back of the closet, your adult child will still be swinging their racquet:
- It’s a no contact sport and results in fewer injuries.
- Tennis is a social sport.
- Tennis can be affordable.
- Tennis can be played indoors and outdoors, making it a year-round sport.
- Tennis competitive events are age-friendly, from youth through seniors.
Tennis can be a lifespan companion sport; it is great exercise and offers opportunities to meet new people or stay connected with friends. So do start your kids off with a good tennis lesson or coach.
Image Credit: Future Stars Camps