Baseball Players, Do You Practice at Home?
When it comes down to it, most everything that you want to excel at requires a lot of practice. Practice is important to improve your baseball skills and it is not enough to just practice with your team, you also need to practice at home. Coaching Youth Baseball, shares some tips:
- practice means repetition and repetition is key – 15 minute daily skill drills are great
- work on catching and throwing – move feet when catching and throwing
- practice batting – swing 30-40 times daily
- work on pitching – when practicing the pitching delivery between games have kids work from 30′-35′
- practice fielding – toss or roll balls at them
Fifteen minutes a day even in the backyard will improve their skill level. Enjoy this time and have fun with your child.
For more details and practice videos: Baseball Is Like Playing A Piano …both require extra practice at home
For more information about the Baseball program at Purchase, or to enroll, visit our Baseball Camp page, today.
Image Credit: Future Stars Camps