Don’t Miss the 2019 FINA Diving World Series
What is FINA? Fédération internationale de natation (FINA) is the international federation recognized by the International Olympic Committee for administering international competition in water sports. It was founded in 1908 during the London Olympic Games by eight federations from Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Hungary and Sweden.
Today, FINA comprises 209 National Member Federations in five continents. The principal objectives are the following:
– to promote and encourage the development of Aquatics in all possible regards throughout the world;
– to provide fair and drug free sport;
– to promote and encourage the development of international relations;
– to encourage participation in Aquatics disciplines at all levels throughout the world regardless of age, gender or race;
– to adopt necessary uniform rules and regulations and to hold competitions in Swimming, Open Water Swimming, Diving, Water Polo, Synchronised Swimming, High Diving and Masters;
– to promote and organize World Championships and other FINA competitions;
– to encourage the increase of facilities for Aquatics’ disciplines throughout the world with the support of other interested parties, and
– to carry out such other activities as may be desirable to promote the sport.
The 2019 FINA Diving World series is taking place in Beijing, March 1 – 19, 2019. You can catch it LIVE.
Check out: Future Stars Diving Camp
Image Credit: Future Stars Camps