Stay Occupied While “Riding the Pine”
It happens to every player on the team, time to sit on the bench. As parents, coaches and baseball enthusiasts, what is the best advice to give young players? Travel Ball Parents has some good insights to share:
- Preparation is a good place to start, let your player know in advance that time on the bench is inescapable and happens to everyone.
- Spend this time improving their fielding or hitting.
- Watch and observe what is happening during the game.
- Learn from the players on the field.
- Time on the bench affords them the opportunity to cheer on their team.
Watching and waiting are a huge part of baseball and life. Valuable lessons are availed during both times, teach your children how not to waste these valuable learning moments.
For more details: How To Make the Most of Time on the Bench
Check out: Future Stars Baseball Camp
Image Credit: Future Stars Camps