Just.Bats.com shares questions to help you figure out, if it is your bat that is affecting your hitting stats. Of course, you realize that it’s best for the bat expert to see it, use it, and test it, but you can start off with these 8 questions:
- Are there any cracks or dents?
- Are you hearing a strange sound?
- Do your hands sting when you hit a sweet spot?
- Has the performance or pop of the bat declined recently?
- Is the handle getting pushed up into the barrel?
- Has your knob fallen off or the end cap popped out?
- Are you applying proper preventive care?
- Do you have access to a compression test?
For more detailed information: Is My Bat Dead?